However the increase of the phase number of asynchronous electric drive system allows not only to improve a number of its technical-and-economic characteristics, but also to create the electric drive systems differing fundamentally from the existing ones and having more simple design and control unit, and less energy losses (in comparison with analogous existing drive systems). These asynchronous drive systems of novel type are based on the multiphase non-traditional controlled induction motors.
The basic principles of design of these induction motor drive systems of novel generation are presented in this paper. These basic design principles are the following:
1) the increase of asynchronous drive system phase number more than four;
2) the application of such non-traditional method by motor control as the phase-pole method (PPM);
3) the use of a number of non-traditional design versions of multiphase induction motor.
PPM-controlled multiphase induction motor is in effect a multi-speed motor having only one winding set that is equal (in its complexity) to the winding set of 3-phase single-speed induction motor.
Because of this there is no need to use a transistor inverter in such drive system. The corresponding thyristor or electromechanical commutator is used in the drive system of novel type instead transistor inverter. The operating frequency of such commutator is much less than the operating frequency of above mentioned inverter IGBTs. Owing to this the energy losses are much less and the motor control process is significantly simpler in the multiphase asynchronous drive system of novel generation (in comparison with the analogous existing drives).
1. Brazhnikov A.V., Belozerov I.R., and Molokitin S.A., "Inverter-Fed Multiphase AC Linear Motors under Non-Traditional Control", Proceedings of 21st International Conference on Magnetically Levitated Systems and Linear Drives "MAGLEV ‘2011", Daejeon, South Korea, October 10-13, 2011, paper No PLE-04, 5 p., CD-ROM.
2. Brazhnikov A.V., and Belozerov I.R., "Non-Traditional Control and Advantages of Multiphase AC Inverter Drives", Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Energy, Automation and Signal "ICEAS ‘2011", Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India, December 28-30, 2011, pp. 781-786.
3. Brazhnikov A.V., and Brazhnikova E.S., "Efficiency Invariance Laws and Development of Multiphase AC Inverter Drives", Proceedings of 21st International Symposium on Power Electronics, Electrical Drives, Automation and Motion "SPEEDAM ‘2012", Sorrento, Italy, June 20-22, 2012, paper No EMD0052, 6 p., CD-ROM.
4. Brazhnikov A.V., and Belozerov I.R., "Prospects for the Use of Multiphase Inverter-Fed Asynchronous Drives in the Field of Traction Systems of Railway Vehicles". International Journal of Railway (IJR), South Korea, 2012, vol. 5, No 1, pp. 38-47.
5. Brazhnikov A.V., and Belozerov I.R., "Over-Phase Control of Inverter Multiphase AC Linear Drives", Journal "Mechatronics", Elsevier Publishing Company, DOI 10.1016/j.mechatronics.2012.02.003 (Corrected Proof, Available online since March 5, 2012), in press.
Brazhnikov A.V. TRACTION ASYNCHRONOUS DRIVES OF NOVEL TYPE FOR RAILWAY TRANSPORT . // Современные проблемы науки и образования - 2012.-№6. (приложение "Технические науки"). - C. 20